Landpro : Planner/Scientist (Intermediate – Senior) : Cromwell
Are you a Planner or Scientist looking for a supportive, fun environment to work on complex and diverse projects?
With the reform of the RMA, and imminent Freshwater changes, things are on the move in the resource management space at Landpro. We are looking for professionals with a science background and experience in resource management, with interests in water or soil science, and regional planning.
This role could be located at any of our Landpro hubs: Cromwell, Gore, Dunedin, Invercargill, Wanaka and New Plymouth, in order to access our offices and established client base.
- Highly competitive remuneration and benefits (including life insurance, and medical expenses) Genuine commitment to support flexible, family-friendly working arrangements
- Diverse and challenging projects with the opportunity to lead projects, and collaborate with our science, planning, farm environmental, aerial and surveying teams, and develop your skills in specialist areas
- Rapid career progression, with support and assistance from experienced senior staff
- Work at the leading edge of our industry.
Landpro is a multi-disciplinary team of experts whose experience covers all aspects of Planning, Environmental Science, Farm Environmental, Survey and Geospatial Consultancy. At Landpro our vison is to “be the best little consultancy in the world”, and our purpose is to “create and inspire sustainable solutions through expertise, innovation and technology” – we even have our own planes to help with this!
We are a successful company that is committed to making a difference in the regions we work, which is predominantly Southland, Otago and Taranaki for now.
Our people truly are our greatest asset, they are flexible, hard-working and all-round great people: we care about meeting the needs of each other and our clients. As a company we are focused on fostering long term opportunities for the growth of our people. Our office locations are fantastic places to max out your playtime and offer great outdoor activities around the sea, snow, lakes, hills and trails… make the most of working flexitime at Landpro!
With our diverse planning and environmental team and long-term clients Landpro offer a unique working environment. We are looking for a team-orientated client-centred individual with an eye for quality and passion for service.
This role will be primarily focused on regional planning within the rural sector so an understanding of a variety of farm systems may be useful, but not essential. A special interest in water science, soil science or regional planning with a strategic focus would also be an advantage. If you enjoy working with clients, managing your own projects from start to finish, and having a mix of time out in the field with clients and office-based work, this is the job for you!
- A tertiary qualification in planning or science (Ag/Hort or environmental) along with at least 5 years’ industry experience
- An excellent understanding of resource management legislation and regional and district council consent processes
- Passion for, or experience across one of the following: primary production, water science and soil science
- Experience leading projects and facilitating multi-stakeholder jobs
- As confident working independently and solving problems on the fly as working collaboratively within a team.
We are seeking these roles based from any of our office locations across Otago, Southland and Taranaki, however we will consider other options for the right person. We are always on the lookout for great people who will serve our clients with passion and professionalism.
If you think this role would be a fit for you, please submit a cover letter of no more than 2 pages, specifically addressing the above criteria.
To apply for this job go to: https://landpronz.recruitmenthub.co.nz