Ministry of Education : Senior Advisor – Natural & Built Environments
- Permanent – Fulltime
- Auckland or Christchurch based
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital, a part of the Ministry of Education, manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,100 schools with a book value of $23.7 billion and transportation of over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
The Natural & Built Environments team is a new team within Acquisitions & Designations responsible for ensuring the Ministry of Education is meeting its requirements under the Resource Management Act, protecting the operation of the school property portfolio from third party development, and ensuring the successful delivery of school property projects. The Acquisitions & Designations team covers the country with members based in Auckland, Tauranga and Christchurch.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The Senior Advisor will provide resource management support to ensure the delivery of school property projects and contribute to the Natural & Built Environments team in successfully delivering our Resource Management strategy, this will include:
- Providing resource management advice and project management support for school property projects across the group including new designations, alterations to designations, outline plan of works and resource consents
- Provide resource management advice and oversee as required the delivery of other strategic projects within the team and the wider team
- Represent the Ministry’s interests through contributing to and overseeing the preparation of submissions on council planning documents and other relevant planning applications
- Represent the Ministry as required to provide evidence in support of the Ministry’s position at Council and Environment Court hearings on third-party resource management processes including plan reviews, plan changes, notices of requirements, and resource consents
Mōhou ake | About you
You will need a tertiary qualification in planning/resource management and at least 5 years applicable experience in the New Zealand marketplace alongside experience of working with designated sites and understanding of the processes and procedures for obtaining new designations, alterations to existing designations, and outline plan of works.
Experience of preparing or processing planning applications including resource consents and outline plan of works and preparing submissions on relevant planning documents.
A full membership or qualification for membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute would be great.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation
- what is your preferred location.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please click on the following link https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobs/EDU-1567788B
For further information, please contact Kim McGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 28 November 2021
** Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
In order for a successful applicant to be offered this role, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and agree to provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.