South Waikato District Council : Planning Manager
The South Waikato region is thriving, and we want to put our best foot forward, preparing our district for increasing growth expectations. For this to be achieved we are looking for someone to lead our planning team in helping us make South Waikato the most sought-after district.
Te āheinga: The opportunity
You will have an opportunity to shape our people’s future through the National Policy Statement on Urban Development while being part of a team that is focused on delivering results and high-quality customer service. A full outline of responsibilities is available in the Job Description.
The key functions of the role include:
- Lead an established team to meet all resource management needs including accountability for bylaw management, biodiversity enhancement and business case management
- Ensuring the district plan remains current and fit for purpose
- Represent Council at Environment Court proceedings as required
- Ensuring decision making on consents and compliance strikes the right balance between economic drivers and the protection of environmental and community values
He kōrero mōu: About you
The successful candidate will be required to lead and mentor a small team, process the more complex consents and assist the Regulatory Group Manager in the integration of decision-making across all resource management related matters.
We need you to have relevant experience and skills such as:
- Between 5-10 years’ experience in a planning position, ideally within local or central government
- Experience in policy development project management relating to a District Plan
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the Resource Management Act and other legislation
- Agile to manage the development and application of the District Plan in the changing context of increasing growth expectations and an unknown long-term legislative framework
- The ability to develop and sustain strong relationships with staff, clients, and stakeholders
If you have what we are looking for and you are keen on a challenging yet rewarding role, then we want to hear from you. Join our team and apply today!
The recruitment for this role will proceed during this time with interviews being conducted via Microsoft Teams as required.
To apply for this job go to: https://southwaikatodc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies and enter ref code: 5618693. Applications close 12 September 2021