Town Planning Group : Senior / Principal Planner
Town Planning Group is a resource management and development planning consultancy established in 2006, with offices in Queenstown, Christchurch, Wānaka and Auckland. We are involved in a wide range of private and government development projects across New Zealand. We pride ourselves on having a diverse range of exciting project work covering the spectrum of the resource management field, including commercial and residential developments, private plan changes and plan reviews, along with strategic advisory and development planning.
We are seeking a Senior / Principal Planner to join either our Queenstown or Wanaka teams. The role will be suited to a motivated person who is looking for career advancement and involvement in rewarding development projects.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant planning qualifications with ideally a minimum of 7 years planning experience with a track record of success in a council or consultant position – local experience is a significant plus
- Experience in preparing and assessing applications for resource consent, plan change proposals and other statutory documentation, including the preparation and presentation of planning evidence at hearings
- Excellent technical planning competency and analytical skills together with the ability to develop specific approaches that best meets the needs of our clients and promote best planning practice
- Time management skills to concurrently handle a wide range of projects over different areas of planning
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, along with a great sense of humour
- The ability to work as part of a positive and supportive team environment
The role is full time, and remuneration will be market competitive based on experience and compatibility with the position requirements. A part time role, or a position in our Christchurch office, would be considered for the right person.
To apply, please provide your CV with a brief cover letter to Daniel Thorne via email email@example.com – for a confidential discussion, contact Daniel on 0274658099 or Brett Giddens on 021365513. All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence.