Central Otago District Council : Senior Planner & Planning Officer (12 months fixed term)
Central Otago District Council is seeking enthusiastic team players with excellent interpersonal skills to join our Planning and Environment team based out of Alexandra. Our Senior Planner is returning home to Australia and one of our planners is going on maternity leave in September.
Being a Planning Officer/Senior Planner within the resource management planning team offers a range of exciting and diverse work, including urban and rural land use and subdivision developments, development of heritage buildings and in heritage precincts, industrial growth and areas of significant and outstanding natural landscapes. In the Central Otago District, we have inherited a magnificent natural and historic wealth that we celebrate and live by our “World of Difference” values.
The successful applicants will:
- Have a relevant degree in planning/resource management or related field
- Have an excellent understanding of district plan/plan change and consent processes and associated legislation
- Be a highly motivated team player who is well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results
- Have high computer literacy and good written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Be solutions focused
- Ideally have a minimum of two years’ experience (Planning Officer) and seven years’ experience (Senior Planner).
If you like a challenge and would like to live and work in a unique area of New Zealand, then this is the job for you. We are a forward-thinking organisation with a vision for the future – this is an excellent opportunity to grow and advance your career.
The hours are full-time, and the roles are based in our Alexandra office, with the potential to work from our Cromwell office.
Details of the job descriptions can be obtained from Council’s website www.codc.govt.nz under Vacancies.
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and address the key selection criteria. Make sure you wow us with your cover letter, be specific about your experience.
Applications should be addressed to the Louise Fleck, Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or sent via email to Louise Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org, and close Friday 18 June 2021 at 5.00pm.