Napier City Council : Parks Policy Planner
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand’s most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier’s biggest and most desirable employers – we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Parks Policy Planner to join our Parks, Reserves and Sportsground team within Asset Management. This role is key to ensure the long term vision and strategy contributes to the open spaces for the community.
As part of the role you will be responsible for:
- Developing a program and preparing Reserve Management Plans for reserves within Napier.
- Preparing asset management plans for all parks and Reserves, Sportsgrounds including McLean Park, Cemeteries and Public Toilets.
- Input into the “Open Space Strategy” to ensure decisions made for open spaces meet City expectations.
- A key role in the district plan review process
- Update operational policy and input into bylaws
To fulfil this role, you will need to have extraordinary people skills, be enthusiastic and passionate with:
- A Bachelors Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture;
- At least seven years experience in planning or landscape architecture
- Significant experience in policy preparation
- Experience in the administration of the Reserves Act, Local Government Act and the Resource Management Act
- Experience in community engagement and consultation processes
- Excellent negotiation skills in order to reach agreement on strategic direction
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing, and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
To apply for this job go to: http://careers.napier.govt.nz/Vacancies and enter ref code: 5504288.
Applications close 27 June 2021